A sentiment that will stand the test of time
A custom engraving on your ring can show your significant other just how much you care. Whether it be a quote from a beloved author, a meaningful movie quote, or even their favorite song lyrics, a small inscription can make a huge difference.
There are plenty of quotes to choose from, but engravings often have word limits. Your quote will need to be short and sweet. Choose the right one and it will perfectly convey the depth of your feelings, in not so many words…
Need some inspiration? Read on for the best love quotes for engraving in each category.
Song Lyrics For Ring Engraving
- “Look at the stars, look how they shine for you” - Coldplay “Yellow”
- "Take me to your heart, for it's there that I belong." - Elvis Presley “Love Me Tender”
- “Home, let me come home, home is wherever I'm with you” - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros “Home”
- "At last...my love has come along” - Etta James “At Last”
- “You're one of a kind. Thank God you're mine." - Michael Buble “Close Your Eyes”
- "How sweet it is to be loved by you..." - James Taylor “How Sweet It Is”
- “Beating out of my chest, my heart is holding onto you” - Sara Bareilles “The Light”
- “Cause all of me loves all of you” - John Legend “All of Me”
- “I can hear her heartbeat for a thousand miles, and the heavens open every time she smiles…” - Van Morrison “Crazy Love”
- “you make me feel so brand new and I want to spend my life with you.” - Al Green “Let's Stay Together”
- “Oh, what a world... And then there is you” - Kacey Musgraves “Oh What a World”
- "For whatever my man is, I am his...forever more." - Barbara Streisand “My Man”
- "Here, making each day of the year, changing my life with a wave of her hand.” - The Beatles “Here There and Everywhere”
- “Never before has someone been more unforgettable." - Nat King Cole “Unforgettable”
- "There's no love like your love and no other could give me more love.” - Bryan Adams “Everything I Do (I Do It For You)
- “ My world is a better place because of you.” - Celine Dion “Because You Loved Me”
- “You're still the one I run to, the one that I belong to. You're still the one I want for life.” - Shania Twain “Still the One”
- "I feel wonderful because I see the love light in your eyes.” - Eric Clapton “Wonderful Tonight”
- “all's well that ends well to end up with you." - Taylor Swift “Lover”
- “Now I see it every day... And I know that I am, I am, I am the luckiest." - Ben Folds “The Luckiest”
- ”I intend to hold you for the longest time” -For the Longest Time by Billy Joel
Love Quotes For Ring Engraving
- “Who so loves believes the impossible.” Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- “ I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach” - Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- “ Love, like a river, will cut a new path whenever it meets an obstacle” - Crystal Middlemas
- “There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved.” - George Sand
- “You know you are in love when you see the world in her eyes…” - David Levesque
- “When you love someone, all your saved-up wishes start coming out.” - Elizabeth Bowen
- “Love is the energy of life.” - Robert Browning
- “Grow old along with me; the best is yet to be.” - Robert Browning
- “We sat side by side in the morning light and looked out at the future together.” - Brian Andres
- “Where there is love there is life.” - Mahatma Gandhi
- “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever.” - Alfred Lord Tennyson
- “ If I know what love is, it is because of you.” - Herman Hesse
- “Two souls with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one.” - John Keats
- “To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.” - David Viscott
- “ Love is not a matter of counting the years…But making the years count.” - Michelle St. Amand
- “Love is absolute loyalty.” -Sylvester Stallone
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” -Aristotle
- “My love and my life with you will be a never-ending story” - Christina White
- “If kisses were stars, I'd give you the sky.” -Unknown Author
Movie Love Quotes For Ring Engraving
- "Love means never having to say you're sorry." - Love Story
- "You complete me." - Jerry Maguire
- "You make me want to be a better man." - As Good as It Gets
- “If you’re a bird, I’m a bird.” - The Notebook
- “To me, you are perfect.” - Love Actually
- "You had me at hello." - Jerry Maguire
- “I wish I had done everything on earth with you.” - The Great Gatsby
- "Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
- “ As you wish” - The Princess Bride
- "You will never age for me, nor fade, nor die." Shakespeare In Love
- "I love you without knowing how, why, or even from where." - Patch Adams
- “You have bewitched me, body and soul…” Pride and Prejudice
- "They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that’s true.” - Big Fish
- “You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.” - Gone With the Wind
- "You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you cannot live without." - P.S. I Love You
- “You are every reason, every hope and every dream I've ever had” - Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
- “You should be kissed often, and by someone who knows how.” -Gone With the Wind
- “I promise to love you forever, every single day of forever” -Twilight
- “Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever..”- Meet Joe Black
- “Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable.”- Wizard of Oz
Bible Verses For Ring Engraving
- Do everything in love. 1 Corinthians 16:14
- Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her. Ephesians 5:25
- I thank my God every time I think of you. Philippians 1:3
- Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate. Mark 10:9
- Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Romans 12:10
- I am my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine. Song of Solomon 2:16
- Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. Song of Solomon 8:7
- I have found the one whom my soul loves. Song of Solomon 3:4
- God has poured out his love into our hearts. Romans 5:5
- Love yesterday, today and forever. Jeremiah 31:3
- I hold you in my heart, for we have shared together God’s blessings. Philippians 1:7
- Above all things have intense and unfailing love for one another. Romans 12:10
- So she became his wife, and he loved her. Genesis 24:64
- Perhaps this is the moment for which you have been created. Esther 4:14
- A cord of three strands is not easily broken. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
Simple Sentiments For Ring Engraving
- I love you
- Yours eternally
- You have my heart
- You are my soulmate
- For eternity
- Happily ever after
- My heart is yours
- Beginning of forever
- To my wife
- To my husband
- With you always
- I’ll love you, always
- To have and to hold
- My lover
- Perfect fit
- Forever and Always
- Written in the stars
- Grow old with me
- All my love
- We are one
- I do
- True love
- Love endures
- Home is where you are
- To love, honor and cherish
- My solemn vow
- My fairy tale
- Never say good-bye
- I choose you
- How forever feels
- Better together
- My answer to everything
- Us against the world
- Worth fighting for
- One love
- From this moment on
- Love never fails
- Keeper of my heart
- My knight in shining armor
Books and Literature
- “Love itself is what is left over, when being in love has burned away.” - Captain Corelli’s Mandolin by Louis de Bernières
- “When you fall in love, it is a temporary madness.” - Captain Corelli’s Mandolin by Louis de Bernières
- “I wish I knew how to quit you.” - Broke Back Mountain by Annie Proulx
- “You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.” - Pride And Prejudice by Jane Austen
- “I’ve never had a moment’s doubt. I love you.” - Atonement by Ian McEwan
- “You are my dearest one. My reason for life.” - Atonement by Ian McEwan
- “You are my heart, my life, my one and only thought.” - The White Company by Arthur Conan Doyle
- “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” - Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
- “It has made me better loving you …” - The Portrait Of A Lady by Henry James
- “He was my North, my South, my East and West, My working week and my Sunday rest.” - Stop All The Clocks by W.H. Auden
- “O, my luve’s like a red, red rose, That’s newly sprung in June.” - My Luve Is Like A Red Red Rose by Robert Burns
- “We loved with a love that was more than love.” - Annabel Lee by Edgar Allan Poe
- “You might not have been my first love, but you were the love that made all the other loves irrelevant” - milk and honey by Rupi Kaur
- “I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” - The Fault in Our Stars by John Greene
- “I love you and that's the beginning and end of everything” - F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “ I have crossed oceans of time to find you.” -Bram Stoker (author) , Dracula
International Love Quotes For Ring Engraving
- In thy breast my heart doth rest (Old English)
- Deus nos iunxit (God joined us, Latin)
- Joie sans fin (Joy without end, French)
- Semper fidelis (Always faithful, Latin)
- Mon coeur est a vous (You have my heart, French)
- Je t'aime (I love you, French)
- Mizpah (May the Lord watch between you and me when we are absent from one another, Hebrew, Genesis 31:49)
- Mon amour (My love, French)
- Il mio cuore e il tuo per sempre (My heart is yours forever, Italian)
- Pour tous jours (For all days, 15th-century French)
- Vivo per lei (I live for her, Italian)
- Amore mio (My love, Italian)
- Amor vincit omnia (Love conquers all, Latin)
- Myn genyst (My heart, Old German)
- Ani L'dodi V'dodi Li (My beloved is mine and I am his, Hebrew, Song of Solomon 2:16)
- Semper amemus (Let us always love, Latin)
- Pari passu (With equal step, Latin)
- 百年好合 (Happily ever after, Chinese)
- 花好月圆 (Blissful harmony, Chinese)
Quirky Quotes For Ring Engraving
- “Time Flies, Love Stays.”
- “Forever is a long time...but I wouldn’t mind spending it with you.”
- “How did it get so late so soon?” - Dr. Seuss
- “I need you like a heart needs a beat.”
- “Come live in my heart and pay no rent.” - Samuel Lover
- “Like Asthma, you take my breath away.”
- “You and me. Forever. Please?”
Cherished Dates For Ring Engraving
Engraving a date that was significant to you and your partner is another popular choice. It can be the date you first met, your wedding date, or even the birth of your children. If you would like a small and simple inscription, engraving a date is the way to go.
So Many Choices
As you can see, there are many, many quotes to choose from. But no matter which engraving you choose, it should be meaningful to you and your significant other. Why would you want to engrave a ring? They already are a symbol of your love and commitment to one another. However, an engraving can make the ring so much more special for a few reasons.
Personalization. Putting an engraving on a wedding ring makes it that much more personal. You can choose a quote, saying, or phrase that means something significant to you and your loved one. An engraving is an awesome personal touch that will make the ring unique.
A Private Secret. Engravings are typically on the inside of the band. This means that it is like a secret message between you and your lover, something for just the two of you.
Special Dates. If you chose to put a date on your engraving it can help commemorate personal and cherished events.
The Top Five Engraving Categories
With so many choices available for engravings, you may wonder what other couples use as inscriptions. The top five engraving categories are:
- Traditional, which can be significant dates, names, places, or initials.
- Faith based, such as Bible verses.
- Romantic, including quotes and sentiments.
- Images, artistic motifs and patterns.
- Quirky, funny phrases or sayings that mean something special to the couple.
How Does Engraving Work?
Ring engraving is a specialized process completed by skilled jewelers and companies. While trusting someone to carve into your precious ring may seem nerve-wracking, engravers take special care to keep your ring just as beautiful as the day it was purchased.
Still, you should always do your research and make sure your engraver or jeweler has both the experience and tools necessary.
Not all jewelry shops are skilled in engraving, you may want to use an outside company. Sometimes, your engraving can be done on the spot, but typically a ring must be sent away for engraving and that can take a few days to weeks. At most, it may take a month.
If you are hoping to have your wedding bands engraved prior to the big day, start looking for an engraver early.
You will want to make sure the engraving process matches up with your wedding timeline. However, often settling on a quote can take much longer than the actual engraving process.
In a nutshell, this is what basic engraving entails.
- You and your partner decide on a quote to engrave
- Select font as well, most people overlook this important detail
- Write down your text and take it to an engraver or jeweler
- The specialist will engrave your ring
- You will receive your item back, make sure you check it for accuracy.
To help ensure there are no mistakes, it is best to type out your chosen quote in your desired font and present it to the engraver. Engraving can be done one of two ways, by machine or by hand. Some places may even be able to laser engrave a microscopic message.
Some of these laser engraved images or quotes can be placed on the actual stone of your ring. They can be seen with a simple magnifying glass. This unique type of engraving is like a special secret message between you and your partner and is so sweet.
Engraving by hand may take longer and even though engravers are very skilled, this method may be more prone to errors. Engraving by machine is commonly faster and more accurate. The cost of an engraving will vary by technique and company.
Ring engraving is a special and thoughtful way to show customize your rings. It makes your jewelry entirely unique and so much more meaningful. Hopefully, you were inspired by these endearing love quotes and were able to settle on the perfect engraving.