1. Sterling silver jewelry is durable and when taken care of correctly, sterling silver jewelry can last you a lifetime. Savvy sterling silver owners know that their pieces can look exactly the same even after forty years!
Some of your well-made pieces could even become family heirlooms in the future.
To make sure that you're getting the best quality jewelry, you should buy from established, reputable jewelry companies, and look for marks like these in a hidden place on your new accessory:
- 925 or .925
- sterling silver
Even if you don't want lifetime jewelry just yet, sterling silver is still a smart purchase because...
2. You can easily keep up with trends. Any woman who likes to keep up with the latest news in fashion and jewelry knows that the pace of fast-fashion jewelry trends can be dizzying.
Keeping up with what's in and what's out is exhausting.
Luckily, sterling silver's popularity means it's almost always guaranteed to be in. The latest styles in jewelry will always include sterling silver, even if the designs change.
Keeping a few silver pieces on hand in your jewelry rotation is a sure way to make sure you always look your best.
3. There are endless options, because silver is a relatively soft metal, it's easy for jewelers to mold and experiment with -- which means there are constantly new designs up for offer.
The wide range of styles and designs in sterling silver mean that you're sure to find a piece that fits your personal style.
Whether you're looking for a brooch, bracelet, ring, or pendant, there are thousands of options.
Even sterling silver loyalists are never limited to the same variations on old concepts. Innovation is constant.
There's always a new 925 sterling piece to spruce up your collection!
4. You can build a new jewelry collection in no time. The variety of sterling silver options available makes it easy to completely build or upgrade your jewelry collection.
Maybe you want to build a look around one of your more expensive statement pieces. Sterling silver complements most metals, so you don't have to worry about anything clashing.
Likewise, if you're looking for unique high-end pieces, sterling silver should be on your list. Designers use it to cast their most creative designs all the time.
One of the big perks of sterling silver is that it's not just popular with consumers -- it's also popular with designers.
People are excited to buy the latest styles that designers create, and designers are happy to keep creating new things.
Sterling silver jewelry is a win for both parties.
5. Incredible versatility, sterling silver jewelry is appropriate no matter what the occasion may be.
Why? Silver adds a classy touch to any look.
Its versatility even extends to how it looks with other metals.
Maybe you want to add sterling silver to a jewelry collection that already has a lot of white gold or platinum pieces. You don't have to worry that your new jewelry won't match your outfits like the old collection did.
In fact, you can even wear sterling silver jewelry with a white gold or platinum piece and still create a look that is put together. The colors are close enough that you won't look like you're mixing up jewelry. Instead, you'll create a new image that is uniquely you.
6. Hypoallergenic jewelry. Unlike pieces that are made with brass or other base metals, which can irritate your skin, sterling silver jewelry doesn't contain metal additions that can cause an allergic reaction.
People who are allergic to metals such as nickel and or brass can wear sterling silver jewelry without much worry. This is especially important for accessories like earrings -- you can wear them without fear that a piercing will get infected.
The metal addition to sterling silver is usually copper, which isn't as likely to cause an allergic reaction.
Don your silver with confidence knowing that you won't face any consequences later.