Getting married is exciting, but planning the wedding might be less than fun at times. There are so many rules to follow that it may be difficult to keep track of them all! One of the more confusing questions that a lot of people ask is, “Who buys the man’s wedding ring?”
The truth of the matter is that there is no one right way to go about purchasing wedding rings. There are several different ways you can do this to make your wedding easier and make both of you happier! What you decide to do depends on several factors, including how much you want to stick to tradition and who makes the money in your household.
Today, you’re going to learn all the different ways you can go about purchasing a man’s wedding ring without breaking the bank and without ruining the meaning behind this symbol of love.
The Traditional Rule
Traditionally, weddings were paid for by the bride’s family, but wedding rings were typically paid for by the groom. After all, women only a century ago were not often a part of the workforce; they had no income of their own, so the groom would pick up the bill.
In fact, men’s wedding bands/rings were not really popularized until the 1940s when World War II broke out. Men would wear the rings in order to have the memory of their spouses with them always, even in the heat of battle. They were often simplistic bands without much decoration, much like they are today.
If you are more of a traditional couple, you might find that the man is best suited to buy his own wedding ring while the bride’s family pitches in for the ceremony itself.
However, modern couples tend to do things a little differently than this. Times have changed rather drastically since the mid 20th century!
Modern Ring Purchasing Options
Today’s couples have a very different dynamic than they used to! Now, most of America’s women are hard at work just as the men are. Now, both parts of a couple have funds and can afford to treat each other to nice things. This may be the case with wedding rings as well!
Men may still buy the women’s engagement and wedding rings as per tradition, but now women often have the means to buy the man’s ring as well. Something to consider, though, is that men and women’s rings often have widely varying price points. Women’s rings are usually more expensive than men’s rings. In that case, you may opt to split the costs evenly.
The Generosity of Parents
If all else fails, either the bride or groom’s parents may be generous enough to pay for the man’s ring or even for both rings as a wedding gift. Of course, this should never be asked of them, but some want to! This could be done in lieu of that expensive set of china you were thinking of putting on the registry.
Buying a Man’s Wedding Ring on a Budget
It may be a struggle for any of the three potential parties to buy the groom’s wedding ring if they are on a tight budget. That being said, wedding rings and bands do not have to cost hundreds or thousands of dollars to still be of high quality! Almost anyone could buy from smaller businesses for three times less than a major jewelry retailer may charge!
If you are sticking to a tight budget for wedding rings, here are a few examples of high-quality rings that won’t cost an arm and a leg:
- If the groom in your life leans more toward simplistic styles, this brushed beveled wedding band is the perfect fit! It only costs $19.99, and you can have a message engraved on the inside of the band itself.
- The outdoorsy groom may find this wedding band charming and elegant without being anything less than masculine. The band is sleek and black save for the middle, which is inlaid with wood. This ring is also only $19.99 and can be engraved with a message of your choosing.
- Does the man in the wedded couple-to-be need a ring that can stand up to almost any activity? This wedding ring may be the best fit for him. It is made of titanium, one of the strongest metals than can be made into jewelry. It’s only slightly pricier at $24.99, and it can also be engraved if you so choose!
- Another great strong metal that can be used in men’s wedding bands is tungsten. This one made with tungsten and brushed silver is a stylish and minimalistic choice for the groom who prefers the simpler things in life. It costs $55, which is still a great deal considering how expensive other wedding jewelry pieces can be.
See? It isn’t nearly as hard as you believed it would be to find a nice ring when most of your funds are tied up in the reception. If you have less of a problem with the budget and can afford to splurge on wedding rings, there are several wonderful options to choose from.
Middle of the Road Men’s Wedding Rings
The men’s wedding rings/bands you see below are all what would be considered “middle of the road” as far as pricing goes. You can find tons of great looking rings in any style you could think of without blowing your budget here!
- Rose gold is a growing trend in the world of jewelry, becoming more popular each day with both men and women. This ring is no exception. It has a sleek, black design with a rose gold inlay and rose gold color inside of the wedding band. You can get it anywhere from $121-$300.30 depending on sales.
- Is the groom you are buying the ring for raving over the rustic lifestyle? If so, then this could be the best wedding ring for him. This oxidized hammered titanium ring is hand-forged for that rugged, manly look. You can get it from OakTownRings on Etsy for $259.
- One wildly popular men’s wedding band on Etsy is this wood and titanium ring. Instead of wood being inlaid on the inside of the band or the middle, it is the primary decorative feature! It gives off a charming, woodsy vibe that any lumberjack or hipster man can appreciate. Get it for $153-$180.
- Some wedding rings for men feature their best and most colorful patterns on the inside where only he can see. This is the case with this wedding band. The outside is gunmetal grey, but the inside is dyed beautiful purples and blues! You can buy it on Etsy for $205-$410.
Still not what you are looking for? Maybe you want to go a step further and buy the best from some majorly high-end brands. Don’t worry! If that is what you want, this next selection of rings certainly won’t disappoint.
Expensive Men’s Wedding Bands
The most important part of your special day is the love you share with one another. Since rings are the primary symbol of that love and the promises you make to each other, you might want to spend a large chunk of your wedding budget on them.
- If your man is looking for a unique ring that none of the other grooms will be wearing, this diamond oval cluster ring is the best choice for the job! It is made of gold and has plenty of diamonds for some flair and serious bling. Get it for $549.
- This black and rose gold men’s wedding band is on the lower end of the high end at $875. It features a simple, thin band for a touch of elegance without being flashy or too obvious. You can get it from Tiffany & Co.
- Did you know that men’s wedding rings could be inlaid with stones like women’s wedding rings? Some don’t but would also like one. This wedding band from Tiffany & Co. has you covered with a beautiful satin finish ring! Buy it for $1,350.
- Some men prefer thicker bands on their rings, and this one delivers exactly what they are looking for. The Atlas open ring features three diamonds and is made of white gold. You can purchase it for $2,200. (This may be a ring both parties should pitch in for if you really want to get the bride that veil she’s been eyeing.)
No matter who buys the man’s wedding ring or what it looks like, the most important thing to remember is that your wedding is all about the love you and your sweetheart share. Whether the ring is $2 or $2,000, all that matters is that both of you want to wake up every day next to each other.
Whatever you choose, it is only a symbol of a fraction of what you feel for your partner. Take it seriously, but don’t let it overwhelm you! Any of these rings would make for a fine choice for any man.
More articles you will love
41 Amazing Men's Wedding Band Ring Engraving Ideas
How Much Should a Men’s Wedding Band Cost?
Do wedding rings have to match
Great post!! I’m glad to see you again. Thanks for the informative blog post. This post will really helpful to take decent pictures. Again thanks for sharing useful blog , i think really nice. thank you. https://www.shinegd.com/