Stories for you - our blog – Think Engraved


Stories for you - our blog

How Much Should a Men’s Wedding Band Cost?

Posted by Rickie Arms on

  Wedding rings signify a promise to your partner that you will belong to them forever, that you will stay faithful and grow old with the one you love. They are incredibly important to most couples, and that includes the men! That being said, you always need to know how much one is going to set you back so you can be prepared. How much does a good quality men’s wedding band cost? Here is the average price of men's rings by material: Gold- The average price is between $180 and $225 Silver- The average price is between $40 and...

Read more →


What is a Family Ring? ( We have the answer and great info)

Posted by Rickie Arms on

  Most individuals search for a way to commemorate and show appreciation for their loved ones. Whether it be through a family photo, a printed family tree, or a piece of jewelry. A piece of jewelry symbolizing those that are near and dear to your heart is a great way to keep loved ones close and their memory alive. A family ring is one such style of jewelry. A family ring is a ring that incorporates birthstones from various special family members. A family ring can also feature engravings of family members names or special dates pertaining to each individual....

Read more →


What Is Your Birthstone and What Does It Represent?

Posted by Rickie Arms on

  Each month of the year is represented by a special stone, or in some cases, a few special stones. These unique and dazzling gems are referred to as birthstones. The origin of birthstones can be traced back to biblical times in which the breastplate of Aaron was believed to contain twelve gemstones, one for each of the twelve tribes of Israel. Today, birthstones are very common in all manner of jewelry. This guide will discuss the birthstone or stones associated with each month and the special history and meaning behind each stone. Your Birthstone and Its Meaning January Birthstone...

Read more →


Do wedding rings have to match

Posted by Rickie Arms on

Wedding bands are traditionally exchanged at the wedding, are made out of some expensive metal, and often look similar to your partner’s. In the present, though, I’ve seen a lot of different designs, some matching and some not--women’s rings punctuated with turquoise, and men’s rings carved from wood or even made of rubber. But, do wedding bands have to match? Honestly, it’s up to you. These days, tradition is hardly a reason to make big decisions. Your love is individual, and your rings should be, too. That individuality, however, doesn’t necessarily mean they look individual--just that they are exactly what...

Read more →


What is 925 Sterling Silver Actually Made Of? (we will tell you)

Posted by Rickie Arms on

Silver will always be one of the most classic metals for jewelry. It is clean and sparkly and reflective, but did you know that the piece of silver you might hold in the near future is not usually 100% silver? There are a lot of different percentages for alloys, and sterling silver, one of the most common silvers, is actually only 92.5% silver. So, what is 925 sterling silver actually made of? Along with silver, of course, the other 7.5% of the alloy is usually made of copper. Silver is actually a very soft metal, and so without other harder...

Read more →